Thursday, September 8, 2011

i shop marine::I think i got most of the issues worked out and yes, there is still a rough spot around 2000 to 2200 rpm but it is running better in the 3000 to 4000 rpm range and runs great from 4000 to 5500 rpm i shop marine

i shop marine::I think i got most of the issues worked out and yes, there is still a rough spot around 2000 to 2200 rpm but it is running better in the 3000 to 4000 rpm range and runs great from 4000 to 5500 rpm.
On the subject of cp sensor.
I called brp and talked to their tech support.
The seloc manual indicates resistance should be between 120 and 160 ohms for my motor.
Mine measured 442 ohms.
Even with my dvm being a mid grade device, that was to me a huge difference out of spec.
After some research the tech support at brp determined that with my 2001 powerhead, i likely had the wrong cp sensor.
I had already ordered a new cp sensor part number 586436 from ishop marine.
When i got the new cp sensor, i measured resistance and got 404 ohms.
This new sensor looked identical to my old sensor.
This was when i became suspicious about the part being incorrect and i called brp tech support.
So, my question to all of you who are more learned than i is; have you had any experience with this issue and one cp sensor with less resistance performing better than another with more resistance?
It makes sense to me that resistance would play a huge factor in transmission of electrical impulses to the emm.
Any sage advice that you have to offer is much appreciated.

No comments: